1. I think that someone in my family may be suffering from a Mental Illness or disorder. How can you help? We can help in different ways depending on the specific issue your family member is facing. Some Mental Illnesses can be addressed via counseling and others may need rehabilitation or another approach. It's best you contact us, set up a time to meet with our team and we can together determine the best way to move forward
2. How long will it take me to be rehabilitated?
Our experience has shown that every individual’s process of recovery is different. Once we work with you on your assessment we collectively will chart out a path to your recovery and the assessments of your progress will indicate how long your journey will take. The best way to begin the journey is to contact us
3. Do you have doctors on board?
Manav is a non clinical setup focusing on therapy and rehabilitation hence we do not have doctors on board . However we can offer referrals if needed. To know more, contact us
4. How much do you charge for the services?
As it is our mission that no person should suffer from access to treatment due to lack of resources, we work on a sliding fee scale which provides reduced charges and also help with medication, transport and food for people who are economically disadvantaged
5. I am suffering from Mental Illness for a long time. I was visiting a psychiatrist but have now stopped going to one and am not even taking medicines. Can you help?
Please contact us. We can provide recommendations for psychiatrists if you are willing. Together we can find a way to help you.
6. Do you have a suicide helpline?
We do not have a suicide prevention helpline. However, if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts and want to talk to someone, we can help you if you contact us. Please get in touch. 7. I am a person living with a Mental Illness. I want to attend your centre but I do not want my pictures taken or share my story publicly Every persons identity, history, recovery process and all other information is kept confidential within the organisation and not shared with any third party. ONLY If we have your consent IN WRITING to share any of your details to encourage others, we will proceed with the same, keeping you fully informed. If we do not have your consent to share any details, please be assured that your identity and all information relating to you will be kept confidential.
8. I am somebody who has been taking care of a mentally ill person for quite some time now. Can you help me in any way? Ans: There are many ways in which we can help you. We work extensively with people caring for someone with a Mental Illness. If you get in touch with us, we will help you in whichever way you need help, to the best of our ability. You can find information about our caregiver support group Sahyog.
9. I had a Mental Illness but am fine now. Can you find me a job? Manav is not a placement agency. Instead we focus on offering vocational inputs and training modules. We may be able to help you in other ways that may make it easier for you to find a job. Do get in touch with us and come to meet us.